Friday, November 28, 2008

Back in the old days...

Yesterday I got dragged along to a family lunch with Mum and my Aunty's old friends + Uncle Benny. It's actually quite amazing because they all know each other from their MYF hey days back in Malaysia. And they met up 25 years later!



They talked about what other MYFers were doing now - some are still living in Malaysia in the same house, some have 10 gazillion kids and 20 gazillion grandkids, and some have died.



This got me thinking whether our MYF group would keep in touch and reunite in 20 odd years? I mean, we don't know what will happen in the next few years. Some will get new jobs in new cities. Some will start families and some may just move on. But one thing is for sure - all of us will soon be too old to be in MYF. Boooo...



What I'm most curious of is who out of MYF will still be at EMP church in 20 years?! Maybe all of us...but probably not. But with technology today (cough...facebook) it will much easier for us all to keep in touch down the track then what is now for our parents.



And because I love procrastinating, especially when it comes to packing, I made a picture of what we all may look like when we're wrinkly and stumpy.



Yes, I know. It's awesome.

And yes, that is Frank with a beard. With a name like that, I couldn't help myself :)

AYC! AYC! AYC!

1 comment:

fanny dong said...

man, i could curl that beard real nice