Friday, July 27, 2007

Now for the save

Update: I've joined Facebook.
As I was telling Lou, I'm one step away from total nerdom.

Hmm...I've been waiting for someone to write about Soph's farewell bash, but it hasn't happened! So I'll do it, I'll take one for the team!

Max, Frank, Sandie and I arrived early to help Viv cook. I warned them that I couldn't cook! but nooooo, Viv put in charge of the chicken, and look how it turned out! So unless you like your chicken raw in the middle and black on the outside, don't get me to cook meat.

I also accidently told Soph about her surprise present.

Ness: so when do you want your messages?
Soph: what messages?
Ness: you know. The ones you wanted us to write on A5 sheets so you can read it on the plane.
Soph: uhhh...
Ness: oh crap.

I found out later it was actually Steph who had organised it.

Actually, I left early so can't tell everything, but apparently there was an epic prayer at the end.

But while I was still there, Viv requested that we share some stories about Soph. All the stories seemed to be ones that didn't exactly make Soph glow inside and well up with emotion, but as long as the person saved it by telling something good about her, or how they'd miss her, it would be allllll good.

For example:

Zef: Soph was such a brat when she was younger.
Everyone: quick, save it!
Zef: uhh, but now she's a young lay-de! ("lady" but to the tune of that lady song. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.)

And another eg.:

Me: Yeah, Soph was one of those kids at the back of Sunday School being a rebel...um, but now she's a mature lay-de! And...I'll miss you! Phew!

Kent didn't seem to get the concept though-

Kent: For the dance at her first camp, she was partnered with me, but she didn't want to. So I decided to propose to her, because I thought it would be fun to tease her.
Soph pouts.
Everyone: Quick Kent! Save it!
Kent: She was such a brat, nothing's changed...
Everyone: try again Kent...
Kent: (pause) And one day Soph, you'll know why it's fun to tease children.

Ah, good save Kent, good save.

4 comments:

michael said...

the jmyf guys hid their ultimate sadness of soph leaving by sack-wacking each other. replacing emotional pain with physical pain, nice one guys.

Moe Vogue said...

YOU JOINED FACEBOOK?!

HAVEN'T I TAUGHT YOU ANYTHING?

SO ANGRY

luv bec!

dr zef said...

waiting for 45 watermelons...

Anonymous said...

lol ! @ sackwacks.