Monday, August 13, 2007

Blog 13: Make Us a Bungalow

Family Camp 2007 evaluation: 10/10

As some may have noticed, I haven't blogged for 3 days, because I was at Family Camp!!

edit: make that 4 days. Yesterday, my computer was down again, so I'm putting up the post this morn.

Even though there was no net at Camp, it wasn't like we were out in the wilderness or anything. I mean there was a projector, sound system, bed sheets and a bowling alley down the road, so I definitely wouldn't call it real camping!

So here's a breakdown -

Penandkarin came to pick me up round 7pm with Bui and Sandie bouncing around at the back. I joined their bouncing in the middle seat. The bouncing soon died down as we went along, put to sleep with Karin's mix of "acid jazz". At least I was half entertained unlike the other two because I could see the music player screen with Penandkarin pictures smiling back at me. Ah, newlyweds.

Sandie and I also entertained ourselves talking about nursing labs ("Today, we will all be stripping down and walking around naked!") and how Bui drools in his sleep (jokes :D)

We got there and joined into praise and worship. Sandie and I found out we were with Frank in a cabin (B21!) and got real excited. Pen found out he was with Simon and Sven. Not so excited.

Food was really good there as well. Eggs, sausages and hashbrowns for brekkie, the best cookies I've ever tasted for snacks, kebabs for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner. Oh yeah, trifle and cheesecake for dessert. Mmm...slobber...

The speaker was really good. He was given 1 1/2 hours and I was like nooooo...i can't last that long! but he was so good i stayed awake throughout all of it!

During our free time we had 5 options:

- volleyball championships
- footy championships
- cricket championships
- nature walk
- walk along the beach

Just the word 'championships' scared us girls, so we went for the beach option. Ems, Karin, Tim, B, Zef and I (Frank and Viv were 'studying') took a walk along the beach trying to find alive things. All we found were crab balls. And I just realised that sounded really bad. I mean sand balls.

We then went in search for ice-cream, and then went for a VERY long walk around a pond, or as we like to call it, 'the duck detention centre'.

As there weren't many sightseeing sights, I decided that what I could see will have to make do. Sadly, I accidently deleted all the photos off my camera so I can't show any of them. I love technology.

But basically I took photos of construction, the path, tadpoles and 'do not feed the ducks' signs. I'm sure everyone is disappointed about not being able to see the pics.

Games was also really good. Many ideas which the Youth Camp can steal...

And now for some funny moments/quotes:

Frank and me: Welcome to our lair! I'm an 8th level ogre magii with invisibility, and this is Randall!

Frank: There's no cups left. I wish there was an endless supply of cups.
Ems: If you wish for an endless supply of cups, you'll regret it.
silence.
Frank: I wish for an endless supply of cups.

Mary J Blige: mmm, mmmmm. Get out of my way Bono. Woahhhh, oh oh oh.

Everyone's hula hooping techniques -
The sky diver (Andy Lou)
The foot pedal (me)
The standing still (Viv)
The crazy hip spinning (Fong)
The backwards and forwards thrusting motion (Zef)
The no technique (Uncle Albert)
The Elvis Presley (Chloe)
The look at meeeeee! (Most of the little kids)

Me: I've got flour all over my face! (from a game)
Zef: Must run in the family.

Connect camp '06: Bec aka Flour face

Tim changed the words to the camp theme song. The original version is:

Make me a blessing, make me a blessing,
Out of my life, may Jesus shine.
Make me a blessing, oh Saviour I pray,
Make me a blessing, to someone today.

The new and improved version is:

Make me a bungalow, make me a bungalow,
To some bum today, may bungalow shine.
Make me a bungalow, to some bum today,
Make me a bungalow, to some bum today.

Hmm...not so creative though.

Going to Fernwood tonight with Max and Viv. This will be interesting...

2 comments:

max said...

Hahaha... teach me how to hula hoop!

michael said...

MAN i could taste flour in my mouth ALL DAYYYYYYYYYY

yum.

not.